Licensed Professional Counselor
Dr. Arras Khaledi
I chose to get a PhD in counseling because of my desire to help others, and my continuous drive to learn and grow. Therapy was essential to me as a teenager, then as a young adult, and now as a middle-aged adult. I have always found it to be a powerful tool in allowing me to process my thoughts and feelings, both about my past and my future. As a result, I chose to become a therapist, to provide the same support and guidance to the people I work with!
I am a Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of Texas with three years of independent clinical experience and over ten years of experience in human services, case management, vocational rehabilitation services, and working at inpatient and outpatient clinical therapy offices.
I have a Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision from Ohio University, a masters degree in Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health counseling from UNC-Chapel Hill, and a bachelors of science degree in psychology from North Carolina State University.
I utilize a variety of clinical approaches including but not limited to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Person Centered Therapy, Mindfulness Therapy, Solution Focused Brief Therapy and Internal Family Systems Therapy. I believe the therapeutic alliance is central to allow true healing and change. I work with children, adolescents, adults and older adults.
Background & Modalities
My clinical approaches include: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Person Centered Therapy, Mindfulness Therapy, Solution Focused Brief Therapy and Internal Family Systems Therapy.
- Tuesday 12pm – 8pm
- Thursday 12pm – 8pm
- Saturday 12pm – 5pm
*Hours subject to change. Private Pay Only. Insurance Not Accepted.
Price Per Session: $140 – Sliding Scale Available
Contact me today to set up an appointment: [email protected]
Email is best because I am typically in session. You may also leave a text or voicemail if you’d prefer to call: +1 (919) 816-7801
Education & Training
- Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision from Ohio University
- Masters degree in Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health counseling from UNC-Chapel Hill
- Bachelors of Science degree in Psychology from North Carolina State University
- Khaledi, A. D. (2022). Predicting Suicide Foreseeability Skills of Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors Working with Clients who are Visually Impaired with a Mental Health Disorder [Doctoral dissertation, Ohio University]. OhioLINK Electronic Theses and Dissertations Center. http://rave.ohiolink.edu/etdc/
- Dwulecki, S., Khaledi, A. (2017). “I Am Trying to Help You. And This ‘Game’ You’re Playing…”. An Analysis of the Rhetoric behind Until Dawn’s Psychology. Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Śląskiego. 1 (9), 29-50.
Areas of Specialty
Abuse & Trauma
“Dr. Khaledi helps me process my emotions and listens to me with respect. He offers a gentle guidance and helps ask myself questions that help me in navigating through everything.”
“He understands me and is very thorough with questions about my life. I feel comfortable talking to him about my personal problems.”